November 29, 2017— CREW-OC, the Orange County Chapter of the national Commercial Real Estate Women network, has opened nominations for its annual SPIRE awards program, which recognizes superior performance in real estate by teams and individuals in the Orange County market.
“The SPIRE Awards have evolved into the largest and most well-known commercial real estate awards program in all of Orange County,” says Linda Padilla-Smyth, Director of Real Estate & Property Management at Chapman University and Co-Chair of the CREW-OC SPIRE Awards Committee. “As we enter our 7th year, we took the opportunity to re-brand the program in order to elevate the look and feel of the SPIRE Awards to match the increasing prominence of this highly anticipated event.”
SPIRE’s new look includes a fresh, modern logo, as well as updated graphics to reflect the prestige of the industry award.
“SPIRE winners include the companies and individuals who are working on the most creative, innovative, and exciting projects in Orange County,” Padilla-Smyth says. “As we open this year’s nominations, we are calling on the local commercial real estate community to nominate their Clients, colleagues, and themselves in order to be sure their hard work is recognized.”
SPIRE Awards are given in eight categories, including:
- Women in CRE
- New Construction/New Development
- Building renovations
- Tenant improvements
To nominate an individual or team, visit crewocspireawards.com.
Winners will be announced at the SPIRE Awards gala, which will take place on March 14, 2018 at the Samueli Theater in Costa Mesa.
“The SPIRE Awards attracts hundreds of commercial real estate professionals each year, and was recently moved from the Center Club to the Samueli Theatre to accommodate increased attendance,” notes Padilla-Smyth. “This year, we expect our largest crowd yet, and we look forward to the opportunity to recognize the key leaders and professionals in our industry who are making a positive impact on the local community.”
The SPIRE Awards are judged by a distinguished panel of local judges, including:
- Al Warot, Associate Vice President, Michael Baker International
- Anna Pehoushek, Assistant Community Development Director, City of Orange
- Celeste Brady, Attorney, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth
- Darlynn Morgan, Trust Attorney, Morgan Law Group
- Jeff Moore, Sr. Managing Director, CBRE, Inc.
- Jinger Tapia, Principal, Design, Ware Malcomb
- Maria Kutscher, Sr. Vice President, Institutional and Private Client Advisor
- Peter Weitzner, Editor, Orange County Business Journal
- Steve Jones, President, Olympia Capital Corporation & Mayor, City of Garden Grove
- Victor Van Zandt, VP of Planning and Construction, Irvine Campus Housing Authority
Information regarding attending or sponsoring the SPIRE Awards Gala is available at www.crewocspireawards.com.